Caregiver Training Programme
JurongHealth’s Caregiver Training Programme is delivered by skilled nurses and Allied Health Professionals. Each training course comprises two full-day sessions and a follow-up training session two weeks later. The programme will cover theoretical lessons, practical hands-on sessions and activities to aid in learning. The following topics will be covered.
- Medication Management
- Personal Hygiene & Oral Care
- Community Resources & Financial Schemes
- Management of Caregiver Stress
2 Weeks after the Programme:
- Fall Prevention & Exercise
- Ambulation and Transfer
- Communication & Swallowing Management, Nutrition & Food Safety
- A 2-hour follow-up session on issues encountered by caregivers
2-day Training Programme:
Date: 14 & 15 Mar 2017, Tue & Wed
Time: 8.30 am - 5pm
Date: 29 Mar 2017, Wed
Time: 2.30pm - 4.30pm
Venue: Jurong Community Hospital, Tower C, Level 2, LIFE Hub Training Room
Course Fee: $131.60 (incl. GST)
Cost after Grant: $10*
- The programme may be postponed or cancelled if the minimum class size is not met.
- *Minimum co-payment amount. The actual cost will depend on the caregiver’s eligibility and the remaining grant amount in his or her account. The caregiver must attain 100% attendance at the training.